Thursday, June 6, 2013

10 weeks pregnant

Hello all!

Sorry for the late post, we have been very busy and just got back from a trip to Hawaii :)





How far along? 10 weeks
Baby's size: Cherry! CHEEERRY... CHEEERRY BAABY (Ya know, like Sherry baby..?)
Weight: Starting: 129.4/ Current: 132 :O (this is partly thanks to Hawaii overeating XD)
Maternity clothes? No :P
Symptoms: 
-Still with the queasiness! Tuesday was pretty awful, but overall it is mild and worse before meals

-Had some sharp pains, though not frequent. Apparently this is my body "beginning to move and expand". Basically my joints and muscles are going to creepily distort themselves to make room for our cutie Koerber :)

-Will spare you all the details, but have had an upset stomach for three days straight. Somewhat troubling, but trying to work my diet to combat this problem, including bananas, rice, applesauce, and such. 

-I do have food aversions, but usually not to foods I love. After a couple of days in Hawaii fish started to make my stomach churn. Sometimes meat in general is less appetizing. 
Miss anything? Jeggings. 
Food cravings: This week I was really craving apple juice. I gave in to this craving. I also really want some toaster strudels but I am trying to ignore this one :( 

10 weeks

At 8 weeks we had our first ultrasound! Baby was a healthy size and I got to hear the heart beat! It was so fast and a truly awesome sound.

The picture isn't very good, and the scanner is giving me problems. So I took a picture of the picture.. 

Sweet alien baby at 8 weeks
Starting on left, big black circle is head and brain, little arm on top, etc. Ok so baby didn't look like much yet, but it was only the size of a kidney bean, so cut her/him some slack :)

I am really looking forward to the end of the first trimester and beginning of the second. Then I will feel like baby is going to be  alright, and the queasiness will hopefully be gone. I'm actually looking forward to the cute prego bump :) 

I will update again soon! And Happy Birthday to my husband today! :)

Thanks for reading~
Shayla



1 comment:

  1. Woooo Hooooo Grandbaby Koerber, totally awesome and I can't tell you in words how proud I am of you and Kyle!! Heidi and I can't wait to see ya'll soon!
    Love ya'll!!!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete