Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What pregnancy means to me

I know women have different views on pregnancy, from joy, to terror, to somewhere in between.

For me, pregnancy is empowering, completely amazing, and quite possibly the coolest, most meaningful thing I will ever do in my life. I say this with a feeling of complete joy. 
My body is growing, nurturing, and protecting a brand new life, a life that was created from the love my husband and I share. Not only do I get the honor of taking on such a role, but I also get to teach, love, and impact this life in a very important way as she grows up. This is also very intimidating. I know at times I will mess up, but I also know for you, my sweet baby, I will strive to be the best person I can be; a better person than I have ever been. 

So thank you for giving me such an important role. I can't wait to meet you, I literally count the days!

Your mommy,
Shayla

1 comment:

  1. Now you know how I feel as your mother,
    precious Girl...

    ReplyDelete